Thursday, 10 February 2011

Some of my own creations...cakes for Rowan

Any excuse to bake and make something really delicious and that is enjoyed by friends and family and I'm there. I love to make 'special' cakes for birthdays and the like but I have never been to a class or workshop. I suppose I'm self taught. I get ideas from the internet and if I want to know how to do something I browse the web. You Tube is great for ideas and videos that give instructions on how to do things. I love You Tube for that.

Here are some of my more recent baking creations...

A two tier crazy spotty birthday cake for Rowan who was one in January 2011.
The top layer of cake was a chocolate marble cake with chocolate butter cream
Bottom layer of cake was vanilla sponge cake with jam and butter cream 
The animals were not edible and neither was the candle!

Our 5 Girlies supplied the freshest eggs ever...
The chocolate marble cake recipe came from Ruth Clemens Pink Whisk site here...
http://www.thepinkwhisk.co.uk/2010/08/marble-cake-and-lesson-in-cake-making.html

Its a lovely moist cake and this is the best way to make a proper marbled cake. It has worked well for me and I have made that recipe a few times now, its always good. Ruth has come up with some lovely recipes and everyone of her recipes that I have tried has been a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...if you have tried one of my recipes I'd love feedback, and thank you for taking time to pop by to read my blog.

Susan x