Saturday, 12 March 2011

Cupcakes Galore!

Not sure what it is about cupcakes but they are the 'in thing'...and have been growing in popularity for a while...I think it might have been a craze started in 'Sex and the city'...Carrie and the girls tucking into a lovely cupcake heavily laiden with a large amount of frosting on the top. Probably closely followed by the growing popularity of the hummingbird bakery, but everyone loves them and you can make them in a range of flavours...

Macarons and cake pops are currently a fast growing trend.... have never tried to make either but aim to soon so there will be more about these in another post.

I like plain vanilla cupcakes the best...I always use the same recipe its foolproof but the key to success is the VANILLA, for cakes like these vanilla bean paste is best, it gives a lovely rich flavour, as a second best choice is vanilla extract DO NOT USE vanilla essence, which is a synthetic taste. Vanilla pods are not normally my thing, I'm a lazy baker (unless they are plonked in a jar of sugar to make vanilla sugar).

I very recently had the chance to go a bit mad and make a couple of dozen cupcakes for two significant things...first the winners of my blog giveaway (Anne Marie, Simon, Tom and James), congratulations guys! Here's the box of cupcakes they won...don't you wish you'd entered now?


AND a similar box for the bride to be at a girlie spa event she arranged...

Enjoy the view...


So there you go, lovely vanilla cupcakes and these have a white chocolate buttercream frosting (cupcake flavour as requested by the blog giveaway winners) and various decorations...all handmade except the smarties, flakes and sprinkles...

One last word...best of luck to Vicky and Lee flying off to Mexico in a few days to get married...here they
are...

Ah, no that's actually two of the girls playing havoc in the shed...they kindly give the bestest eggs for the cakes...sorry, here's the soon to be Mr and Mrs Smith...


PS Want the recipe for these cupcakes...then please leave a comment and I'll post it on...

3 comments:

  1. They look fab, so so pretty, works of art Sue, yummy too!!! I'd love the recipie when you get a chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such adorable cupcakes!!! I love the buttons!!!

    I have been obsessed with finding the pretty glitter that I saw on so many cupcakes when I was in London last autumn. But I do not think there is an equivalent version here in the US!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cakes were DELICIOUS - not a crumb left! They were well and truly scoffed and wait for it...(drum roll...) better than the pack of 4 cup cakes from our favourite saint!!! Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...if you have tried one of my recipes I'd love feedback, and thank you for taking time to pop by to read my blog.

Susan x