Friday, 27 January 2012

10 minute Haddock curry - recipe

I love indian food but seldom get to eat it as the chief taster can't eat it at all...we have tried every curry known to man...homemade too, tomato based, coconut based, everything, but to no avail. But tonight a revelation, a homemade curry paste from Bipins, his Methi Masala that when made tasted so authentic it pretty much was unbelievable, nicer than a restaurant and better than any of the homemade ones I had concocted (and I have had some pretty good efforts let me tell you, my 'Jamie' curry is renowned!). AND chief taster can eat it!!!! Yes!!!

This dish was an amazingly original flavour of ginger, garlic, onion, and just the right blend of fresh indian herbs and spices. This fresh paste mix combined with coconut milk and the addition of the freshest haddock really was superb.

It was so easy to make and on this occasion because I used fresh fillet of haddock, it took no time to cook at all, and in the time it takes to boil the basmati rice you have a lip smacking authentic curry. An ideal meal when you are just in from work on a cold night and want something hot and tasty.
Ingredients:
1 packet Bipins fresh curry paste (this was a Methi Masala)
1/2 tin coconut milk
1 fillet wild DelishFish haddock
A rice dish of you choice, and other accompaniments as you wish
(serves 2 adults)
Method:
1. Boil a pan of water for the rice. While this is boiling empty the curry paste into a pan, you don't need to add anything as an oil is included, cook gently over a low heat for a few minutes. Add half a tin of coconut milk and mix, leave the sauce on a low heat while you add the salt, a pinch of turmeric and basmati rice to the now boiling water. Time the rice to cook for about 10 minutes.
2. Take you fillet of haddock and cut into large pieces. Place the pieces carefully into the curry sauce, continue to simmer in the sauce and when the rice is ready turn off the curry,.
3. Drain the rice and serve with the haddock curry on top.

AND if you don't have any fresh curry paste to hand Fish is the Dish has a really smashing recipe here.
Head over to fish is the dish for more delicious fish recipes...

7 comments:

  1. this totally speaks to me... I love curried fish and the simplicity of this dish is wonderful and it looks great too with the golden rice... bet the house smelt incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good..I don't do complicated curry recipes (the huge list of ingredients always put me off!) but this looks really simple and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. curry looks absolutely brilliant cant wait to try it just different from our usual haddock dishes john

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan

    ...really delighted you enjoyed cooking with the fresh masala to create what looks like a delicious curry, I think I'll have to try out Haddock! ....thank you for the kind words and spreading the word about my fresh authentic curry creations.

    Bipin X

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVELY fish curry Sue.....and one of my favourites too......it looks wonderful!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good idea to add haddock to a curry. I normally rely on prawns but actually haddock would be fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing this recipe- looks fantastic. Can't wait to try it myself!

    Charlotte
    @gofreefoods
    http://charlotteskitchendiary.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...if you have tried one of my recipes I'd love feedback, and thank you for taking time to pop by to read my blog.

Susan x