Sunday, 22 January 2012

Sunday lunch - in pictures mostly



Not so much a review or a recipe, or a lot of words, but a snapshot of our Sunday lunch, my mother and I ate out this Sunday at a local restaurant. 
We had a really lovely lunch here, it was nicely cooked, reasonable in price, we were well looked after.

"Built in 1755 Ashfield House is an elegant English Country House standing in its own landscaped grounds and overlooking the Douglas Valley". 

The restaurant is more of a traditional setting which seems to appeal to an older generation, though a young family were there for a private gathering in one of the dining rooms.


What we had to eat from the Sunday lunch menu.

 There are old bills, invoices, receipts and papers in frames in some of the corridors; this one took my eye as its from Cadburys in Bourneville in Birmingham for an order for chocolate, cakes etc from 1902.

Where is it? (click)
Website (click)

Ashfield House Hotel on Urbanspoon

Todays menu.


NB. Ashfield House in Standish did not ask me to do a feature on my blog or offer me any incentive (monetary or otherwise) to show you what we had for Sunday lunch, in fact they will have no idea about this until they see it for themselves!

1 comment:

Please leave a comment...if you have tried one of my recipes I'd love feedback, and thank you for taking time to pop by to read my blog.

Susan x