Sunday, 26 February 2012

Sunday lunch - in pictures mostly

This is the Windmill pub in Parbold, (West Lancashire/Wigan border) the original old windmill is to the right, on the banks of the Leeds/Liverpool canal and the pub is to the left just a ross the car park and shown above. 

Its a lovely pub with attentive staff and a warm inviting atmosphere. The pub is well maintained and full of character with its log fire/s and candlelit nooks.

Food is served during usual pub opening hours but you need to book ahead, tables are often reserved well in advance. 

We have eaten here twice and my preference, and that of my dining companion (aka my mother) is for anything off the menu other than the roast dinner. The chocolate mousse is homemade and to die for. The mouse below is carved in the end of what was a church pew.

NB. The Windmill did not ask me to do a feature on my blog or offer me any incentive (monetary or otherwise) to show you what we had for Sunday lunch, in fact they will have no idea about this until they see it for themselves!

6 comments:

  1. I'm coming .... what is it nice .... I just keep on enjoying your blog .... I am your new follower .... I love England!!
    With warm regards,
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. Love the windmill and all the candles in the pub - just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I love a nice Sunday lunch and a ride out. xxx

      Delete
  3. Another one for the list, not been there will have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my - all looks fab - perfect food in perfect surroundings

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...if you have tried one of my recipes I'd love feedback, and thank you for taking time to pop by to read my blog.

Susan x