1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
75g Raisins (I used golden and dark raisins mixed)
50g Dried cranberries
2 tbsp Calvados
1. Put the dried fruit in a bowl and cover with the Calvados. Mix together. Microwave on full power for one and a half minutes, keep a clos eye on it! Remove from the microwave, mix again and leave to cool. The fruit will have swollen and plumped up with the Calvados.
2. Warm the double cream and sugar in a pan over a low heat, until the sugar has dissolved, add the vanilla extract to this mix.
3. Pour the liquid into the ice cream maker and start the machine running, let it run for 25 minutes.
4. After 25 minutes add the cooled fruit mixture, carry on mixing for another 5 minutes.
5. Pour into a plastic tub with a lid and put in the freezer until needed.
Makes about 1 litre of delicious soft and creamy ice cream.