Saturday, 7 April 2012

Pass it on - Liebster award


I've been handed a Liebster award from Angela at Garden, Teacakes and Me ...this award is exclusively for blogs with less than 100 followers... *sobs* so the big boys and girls can't come and join in this game *cackle*...its for us little uns only.

The idea is one blogger chooses you to receive the award and return you pass it on to five other blogs you like/follow/stalk etc.

The origins of the Liebster Blog award are somewhat unclear but the general consensus is that it originated in Germany, Liebster meaning favourite or dearest, to showcase bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. Upon accepting the award the recipient must then pass it on to five more blogs of note. A way of introducing other bloggers to the blogs you enjoy.

Without further dawdling...my blogs of choice are...



DollyBakes
I'd like to think I played a VERY VERY VERY SMALL part in Rachel deciding to start a blog. One night we had a clandestine meeting in a local Starbucks, (we didn't know each other from Adam, but we did from Twitter) a few tips and hints were exchanged, questions answered and the rest, as they say is blogging history. Lover of good food, eating out and bundt baking obsessive, Dolly is the new kid on the block (but not for long). One to keep an eye on, she did a guest post on my blog you can read it here.

The Happy Hippy
"Left a good job in the city, working for the money every night and day..." (think Tina Turner but without the legs, hair, lips, wrinkle free complexion...well OK forget Tina altogether then!) Ahhhh! Thats a song but rings very true of this blogger, Vonnie who gave up the city job and life in the UK to move to St Lucia and build her own house and a new life. Joined by two young dobermans now and with plans for a new garden underway, dive in to the turquoise sky and sea and relish in a life in the Caribbean. I want to swap!

Aga Girls
This blog needs more attention because its fab. Laura who writes it has a great knack in the kitchen and a wonderful talent to be able to make really scrumptious things. The header photo on the blog says it all for me and every time I click on this blog those raspberry tarts shout my name.

Laura Loves Bakes
Another Laura! This Laura won the Eric Lanlard book that was a giveaway on this blog a few weeks ago, thats not why I picked her though. Laura has a wonderful baking blog that shows off her skills in the kitchen and she has a wonderful imagination too. If you check out her blog look at the teapot cake she made, its an absolute cracker!

Totally Caked Out
A woman after my own heart,  and she recently went to (or organised I'm not quite sure?) a first local Clandestine Cake Club meeting, the cakes looked gorgeous and her own creation looked fab too. Its a little blog filled with baking pure delight. Good for you for joining in the Clandestine Cake Club frenzy (I hope you stick with it too). x

Thanks to Angela for nominating me and saying such lovely kind words about his blog. x

9 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much for this - you are too kind Madame : )) I love your blog and your photos send me rushing to the kitchen to stare at my empty cupboards! It's always nice to know that someone out there is reading my ramblings - thanks again. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vonnie, keep doing what you do I love to read your blog and see your fabulous photographs too. xxx

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much! You are the main reason I started blogging! X
    How do I pass it on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just write a blog post a bit like this one, choose 5 blogs with less than 100 followers to write about, cut and paste the Liebster logo onto your blog in the blog post, and let the five you have chosen know you have down so. xxx

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for nominating me...and congratulations on your award...your blog is great...so many lovely recipes! Thanks again! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your award - very well deserved!! Great nominations too... so many wonderful blogs out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your award and thanks for following my blog, I'm now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now what is with all this cackling and stalking?

    Love your blog, you should have hundreds of awards and hundreds of followers - I hope that wasn't another cackle I just heard :-S

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...if you have tried one of my recipes I'd love feedback, and thank you for taking time to pop by to read my blog.

Susan x