Friday, 3 August 2012

Proud to be helping Macmillan Cancer Support

Today was a special day for me because I have seen one of my recipes in print (for just the second time in my life ever)...that's quite an exciting thing for me especially when I tell you about the book itself and what it means.

Silver Spoon in conjunction with Macmillan Cancer Support have produced a small recipe book called 'The Little Book of Treats'. This lovely little book will be on sale from early September but only from Marks and Spencer in store cafes and the book is being sold with ALL the proceeds going to Macmillan Cancer Support.

The book has a forward by Joanna Lumley and has 53 pages of recipes for lovely baked and other treats with celebrities and food bloggers sharing their favourites (you can see the celebrities involved are named alongside Karen and I above). The celebrities recipes are in the front and the food bloggers recipes come towards the end, its quite exciting to see my recipe alongside fellow food blogger Karen Burns Booth from Lavender and Lovage (and in fact Karen has the ultimate honour as her recipe appears on the front cover of the book itself).

I'm not going to tell you what the recipe is that I have in the book as that would reveal the secret, and I really want you to go and buy it and support Macmillan Cancer Support, but I can tell you that I have a copy of the 'Little Book of Treats' myself ahead of its release and its a little cracker.
Packed full of scrummy recipes you will want to bake at home. I'm so proud to be included and play a very very small part in raising money and awareness for this worthy cause.

This book is also being launched to coincide with the annual 'Worlds Biggest Coffee Morning'  run by Macmillan Cancer Support; last year this event raised over 10 million pounds for the charity. But to carry on training and providing nurses and therapists and providing advice and support to those affected by cancer they need more financial help.

So, if you are in a Marks and Spencer store or in store cafe in September please buy a copy of this book, (its only £4...and it all goes to the charity). I hope you buy it not because one of my (or Karens) recipes is in it (its worth the £4 just for that!) but to show your support for such a worthy cause. AND if you do buy one and you bump into me or Karen, we'll even sign your copy for you!

And...if you love baking, like I do why not join me in organising your own Macmillan Cancer Support coffee morning with colleagues/friends or family, you can hold the event on or around 28th September 2012. You can find out more about the Worlds Biggest Coffee Morning here. At my event we are having a bake sale, raffles, a pop up tearoom, a recipe book sale and as much fun as we can!

 Please show your support for Macmillan Cancer Supports worlds biggest coffee morning along with me by displaying this logo on your blog.

If you would like to make a donation of a raffle prize or send me a new recipe book to donate to the coffee morning I am running on 28th September I would love to hear from you 
(and I will be happy to mention your kind donation on my blog). 
Please contact me by e-mail. 
heavenonaplate2011(at)gmail.com

18 comments:

  1. FABULOUS write up Sue and I was going to wrote my post this weekend and when I do, I will link up with you here, is that okay? I am so proud that my recipe made the front cover and I WILL be baking for your linky darlink! JUST a LOVELY post - love it! Feeling all misty eyed! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant WRITE my post! LOL! Typing TOO quickly! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, well done, how exciting! I will definitely be buying the book, cant wait to see your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks and I do hope you buy a copy, there;s some nice recipes in there (of course!).

      Delete
  4. Well done both of you. An important cause to support and to have your recipes chosen and up there with the greats has got to be something to feel proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is just so exciting!!!... well done to both of you... I would be beaming with pride!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dom, we are both equally pleased and very proud to be involved. x

      Delete
  6. This is a very good cause. Well done to both of you. You must be very very proud!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments yes we are and feel privileged to be involved. x

      Delete
  7. That's amazing...Congratulations! I'll definitely be buying the book especially as its for a cause I care lots about :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula, thats great to hear. I think its a cause close to a lot of peoples hearts. x

      Delete
  8. What a fantastic and important charity to be involved with. They do such incredible work and I can't wait to buy my copy. Congratulations to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! I'm so pleased for you. Can't wait to see what your recipe is. I'll defo buy a copy as I think Macmillian is a fantastic charity to support. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely post – thank you! Congratulations on getting your fantastic recipe printed – we’re thrilled to have you on board and part of the team. Thank you also for helping to spread the word about World’s Biggest Coffee Morning. Best of luck with your event and do let us know how you get on – we’d be delighted to hear from you.

    -Macmillan Coffee Morning team
    @macmillancoffee

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...if you have tried one of my recipes I'd love feedback, and thank you for taking time to pop by to read my blog.

Susan x