This is a smashing recipe (adapted from one of Eric Lanlards on the Baking Mad website) to make now the kids are back at school; make these the night before (they don't take long at all) slap one of these in their little palms as they are rushing out the door with one shoe and sock on...and hey presto! A delicious breakfast on the go...and you know you've fed them well with something fresh, delicious and homemade to start the day.
100g Jordans Crunchy Oat Fruit and Nut Granola
225g Wholemeal plain flour
100ml Crossmoor Honey (any honey will do, this one is local to me and pretty darn good)
2 tsp baking powder
2 free range eggs
100g melted unsalted butter
2 ripe fresh peaches chopped and de-stoned
Granola for sprinkling
Icing sugar to dust
1. Pre- heat the oven to 180C fan, and grease a 12 hole muffin tray. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. In a jug mix together all the wet ingredients. Chop the peaches. Add the jug of wet ingredients into the bowl with the dried ones and add the peaches, mix together until combined but fold in gently and do NOT over mix.
3. Using a large ice cream scoop place a scoopful of the batter in each muffin section in the greased tray. Sprinkle the top of each muffin with some of the granola.
4. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
5. Remove and put on a wire rack to cool, dust with icing sugar.
Now you wouldn't turn your nose up at one of these lovelies for brekkie would you now?
I am also entering this for this months 'Alphabakes' challenge run by Ros and Caroline where the letter 'P' is this months choice and hosted by Caroline over at Caroline Makes. 'P' for peaches...right?
NB. Jordan's sent me one bag of their granola and one packet of cereal bars to try at home, all remaining ingredients were provided by me and at my expense.