Tuesday, 4 September 2012

Peach and Granola Breakfast Muffins - recipe

We were sent some Jordan's Crunchy Oat Granola (breakfast cereal) and some cereal bars  to try recently; in this household cereal means one thing to us...cakes...and in any form! So cakes in the form of muffins were duly made.

This is a smashing recipe (adapted from one of Eric Lanlards on the Baking Mad website) to make now the kids are back at school; make these the night before (they don't take long at all) slap one of these in their little palms as they are rushing out the door with one shoe and sock on...and hey presto! A delicious breakfast on the go...and you know you've fed them well with something fresh, delicious and homemade to start the day.
Ingredients:
100g Jordans Crunchy Oat Fruit and Nut Granola
225g Wholemeal plain flour
100ml Crossmoor Honey (any honey will do, this one is local to me and pretty darn good)
1tbsp Poppyseeds
1tsp cinnamon
1tsp nutmeg
2 tsp baking powder
2 free range eggs
100g melted unsalted butter
175ml milk
2 ripe fresh peaches chopped and de-stoned
Granola for sprinkling
Icing sugar to dust
Method:
1. Pre- heat the oven to 180C fan, and grease a 12 hole muffin tray. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. In a jug mix together all the wet ingredients. Chop the peaches. Add the jug of wet ingredients into the bowl with the dried ones and add the peaches, mix together until combined but fold in gently and do NOT over mix.
3. Using a large ice cream scoop place a scoopful of the batter in each muffin section in the greased tray. Sprinkle the top of each muffin with some of the granola.
4. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
5. Remove and put on a wire rack to cool, dust with icing sugar.

Now you wouldn't turn your nose up at one of these lovelies for brekkie would you now?
I'm trying to be more a more sociable blogger and enter these gorgeous muffins in to the 'Breakfast Club' challenge this month, the brainchild of Helen at Fuss Free Flavours and hosted this time by the very lovely Urvashi Roe, the Botanical Baker - the theme is 'fruit' as part of breakfast and these muffins fit the bill perfectly.

I am also entering this for this months 'Alphabakes' challenge run by Ros and Caroline where the letter 'P' is this months choice and hosted by Caroline over at Caroline Makes. 'P' for peaches...right?

NB. Jordan's sent me one bag of their granola and one packet of cereal bars to try at home, all remaining ingredients were provided by me and at my expense. 

12 comments:

  1. I am enjoying granola right now. This is a wonderful recipe and totally new to me. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. now these look proper tasty... I love the crunchy toppings... I never seem to get them right on my muffins but these really look amazing... love the giant chunks of peach in there too... gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made muffins with the Jordan's granola too. Great minds and the like. Love the inclusion of both the poppy seeds and the peaches for alphabakes and breakfast club!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look really good. I've also made fruity breakfast muffins recently. They're definitely a good way to start the day and as they have fruit in they must be good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving that cereal means cakes ;0)
    You are a woman after my own heart, these look a real treat and becasue they are 'healthy' I could eat two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVELY recipe and the perfect thing for a tasty and different breakfast too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! These look right up my alley! It's coming on Fall here in the States ... first fires in the woodstove the past two nights ...a warm breakfast is what's called for hot coffee and warm muffins ... yes, I think that's a good plan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look great, and I like the idea of baking something in advance that you can just grab for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...if you have tried one of my recipes I'd love feedback, and thank you for taking time to pop by to read my blog.

Susan x