Monday, 15 October 2012

A postcard from south west Turkey - in pictures

A postcard from south west Turkey...we've been back from holiday for a week now and thought I'd share some of the photographs we took of the things we saw and what I cooked and ate while we were there...not many words but plenty to see...

Breakfast of roasted plums from the garden, local honey, bread, turkish eggs with sumac
The view into the valley
Sea bream cooked with local tomatoes, garlic, and onions
Limes growing in the garden
 Fresh sweet and savoury pastries
Sanctuary
 Succulents
Sure of hoof!
 Hunter kebab
 Fresh sea bass for sale 
 Magic lanterns
 Fresh seafood
 Thirsty goats
Grab a ripe pomegranate from the tree in the garden...
...make a baked rice dish and top with local goats cheese and the freshly picked pomegranate
Green/blue
Stocking up
Mezze
Storm chasing
Star gazing

2 comments:

  1. Oh it looks as though you had a fabulous time Sue. What a wonderful place. Having read Birds without wings, Turkey is one of the countries I'd most like to visit, along with Greece after having read Captain Corelli's mandolin.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fantastic! I could do to be there right now.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...if you have tried one of my recipes I'd love feedback, and thank you for taking time to pop by to read my blog.

Susan x