I used frozen loose berries that I had bought from my local supermarket where they sell them loose, a packet or box of frozen berries will do. We ate this as it cooled after baking...the chocolate and sharp hit of some of the fruits were a nice mix.
4 medium free range eggs - beaten
225 g soft margarine
225 g caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla paste
25g ground almonds
50g cocoa powder
150g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp milk
approx 400g frozen berries (Black/red currants, raspberries, blackberries - that type of thing)
1. Pre heat the oven to 170C fan. Grease a deep sided tray.
4. Fold in the dry ingredients mix until just combined. Add the milk to loosen the batter.
5. Put the batter into the baking tray and spread out with a pallet knife or spatula. Add the frozen berries to the top as evenly as you can.
6. Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes.
7. When baked dust with icing sugar and cut into squares to serve.