Monday, 28 October 2013

Time to get back in the (blogging) zone

Good evening from wet and windy Lancashire...the summer we had this year has been great hasn't it? The chance to sit outside and eat outside regularly has really made a difference and its partly because of the good summer that I have been blogging less and enjoying my 'free time' more. Blogging and writing about food is a great hobby but it can take over somewhat, and I need a life as well as not wanting all the fame to go to my head!

Now the autumn is really here and making its presence felt, its time to get back in the blogging zone and start to write up all those recipes I have made and photographed over the last few months but have been too busy emersed in summer sun to be concerned about anything else. We have also managed to eat out quite a bit in some lovely local places too, and meet up with friends so I have lots of snippets to share on that front too.

And I have been putting a few recipe books through their paces too...more about those very soon...

As well as enjoying avery British summer and even and Indian summer, we also had the good fortune to travel abroad to Turkey again...not the whole country granted but the Turkish Riviera. For two weeks in September and in temperatures exceeding 40C, we communed with the locals up in a Turkish mountain village and ate fresh bread and fresh foods as if it was going out of fashion. I love Turkey for its abundance of fresh foods at relatively low prices and I love to make my own meals while I stay there from whatever is seasonal and the markets have to offer.

This summer has also been great for preserving addicts like myself and I have been busy behind the scenes preserving all sorts from blackcurrant jam (that has knocked everyone's socks off) to gooseberry and elderflower jam, all the way through to plum chutney and tomato chutney too.

In addition we are 'trying' to sell out house and move, to realise our plans for the future, in order to do this we need to downsize...so the house is in a constant state of tidiness and organisation that would impress any domestic goddess...wish us luck with selling, in this economic climate we really need it!

And I've been busy with the family (new grandchild is on his or her way in April 2014) and my other new found hobbies...I have taken up crochet again and I am really hooked...so pleased to see so many other food bloggers sharing the same interest too.

More from me very soon...keep watching! 

1 comment:

Please leave a comment...if you have tried one of my recipes I'd love feedback, and thank you for taking time to pop by to read my blog.

Susan x